« Home | Impure Thoughts- ‘Lights Ahead’ » | John Alexander » | Keith Robinson » | Recliner » | Table 57 » | The Ideal Panic » | 4th Parallel » | Hazey Janes » | We Are The Physics » | The Revivals » 

Monday, November 13, 2006 

Paolo Nutini

I thought that being a student at the University of Paisley would make a slightly biased critic of me, what with young Paolo originating from Paisley itself.
But Paolo surprised me, in that I genuinely liked his singer songwriter pop debut, without my Scottish loyalty kicking in to help me along.
The baby-faced 19-year-old claims to take inspiration from classical, R & B, and folk music, but to me this record is just bare faced lovable pop.
The album includes the singles ‘Last Request’, ‘Rewind’ and ‘These Streets’, three well written songs with more depth than your average number one.
He may not be the new Bob Dylan but he certainly can write a good sing-along, and he’s someone us Scots can finally be proud of.